Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Walk Like M.A.D.D. - fundraiser

What am I doing?  I am an alcoholic in recovery striving to make amends for my past actions in many arenas.  I struggle with how to make amends to my family and friends for many of the things I have done in my addiction.  I struggle with how to make a amends to my children for driving them while drunk, to my husband for putting our kids at risk in this way.  I struggle to find a way to make it right with the babysitter I also drove drunk and to her parents for putting her at risk. I struggle frankly in finding a way to make amends to the public at large for this reckless disregard for human life.  

I decided this was one way I could start that amends process.  I have signed up for Philadelphia's "Walk Like M.A.D.D." and will be walking in honor of Frank, Dermot and Wren Purcell and a few others whom I will not name but they know who they are.  I have a goal to raise $500.00 and this is my page.  If you are thus inclined, please help me support this important cause.

http://support.madd.org/goto/RisingFromTheAshes

2 comments:

  1. That is very admirable. By setting a good example, you are opening a lot more avenues for action with this. There is no one-way track to solving the dilemma that is drunk driving. However, when we do our part and take a stand, we contribute to solving the problem as a whole.

    Leticia Holt @ Law Offices of Kim E. Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Leticia, it came as a solution or a gesture after I was searching for races to participate in for recovery and I saw this and thought, this is an amends waiting to happen. It was not easy to approach the organization as ai was thinking they would recoil form me, but they were very open. Apparently a lot of recovering alcoholics have had the same idea.

    ReplyDelete