Sunday, January 28, 2018

Do Not Mistake My Tears for Weakness


 

Do Not Mistake My Tears for Weakness

 

            I cry when I am sad.  I also cry when I am happy, afraid, confused, excited, angry, overwhelmed and tired.  I cry when the wind blows.  I cry a lot.

            It’s possible that I have my own box of tissues at my home group and that there are tissues at my house, at my office and in my car.  It is a rare Monday night at my twelve-step-meeting that I don’t cry when I share; in fact I think people might be more concerned for me if I did NOT cry than if I did.  Frank used to tell people “I married a puddle.”  And if you want a real show, go with me to a wedding…

            One of my closest friends recently sent me a link to a short video about crying and what it can do for you psychologically, with the caption “looks like you are a warrior princess”.  Turns out that crying is really good for you and is a sign of strength.  Who knew?

            Crying relieves stress and releases toxins as well as hormones (got those in abundance so I get now how my body wants to release them!).  It is also a sign of resilience and strength.  Check out the article below for more on that.

            This was just a quick note as I got up early to study and was listening to music this morning while journaling and was in tears before 6 am.  I was laughing at myself and thinking that it was some kind of record and then quickly realized that it really isn’t.  I remembered what my friend had sent me the other day and wanted to share that if you feel like a good cry, don’t judge yourself; let loose… it turns out it's good for you.

 

https://theheartysoul.com/crying-personality-type/    
 

https://www.facebook.com/HealYourMindOfficial/videos/1922693397975619/

No comments:

Post a Comment